Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Why I'm a Conservative

For me, being a conservative is one of the easiest things to identify as.

At the end of the day, I am a Conservative (A capital C Conservative, as Bill Buckley would say) because I value manners, morals, and intelligence.

Being a Conservative is so much more than being a Republican.

Being a Conservative is about protecting life, at every stage.

Being a Conservative is about fighting for religious freedom, even when you may be the only one speaking out.

Being a Conservative is about respecting the Constitution, two days after it was written, or 200 years.

Being a Conservative is about respecting yourself, and acknowledging that you don’t have to play the victim to climb the ladder of success.

Being a Conservative is about using facts to support your argument, instead of ad hominem attacks.

Being a Conservative is about having morals and not being willing to throw them out the door because you think it will make someone like you more.

For me, there is nothing better than being a Conservative.

I’m proud to be a Conservative, because at the end of the day, I know that is what will make me most happy.

I won’t be happy depending on the government for my entire life.

I won’t be happy having to protect myself from intruders without a weapon.

I won’t be happy playing the victim every time my opinion is questioned.

I won’t be happy getting offended all the time, I’ll just be exhausted.

I won’t be happy denying my faith, or anyone else their right to faith.

I won’t be happy watching news stations that call Conservative women everything but a milk cow.

I won’t be happy being told that I am less of a woman because I do not identify with a radicalized movement.

I won’t be happy telling my one day old son that he is more of a person then than he was the day before.  

I won’t be happy living a lesser life, one where I do not control my own actions and decisions.
I won’t be happy unless I can be me, and being me is being Conservative.


No comments:

Post a Comment